D of E Award Scheme
The Award is a four-Section programme with three levels:
- Bronze (for those aged 14 and over)
- Silver (for those aged 15 and over) and
- Gold (for those aged 16 and over).
The Sections involve:
- Service (helping people in the community)
- Skills (covering almost any hobby, skill or interest)
- Physical Recreation (sport, dance and fitness)
- Expeditions (training for, planning and completing a journey on foot or horseback, by boat or cycle)
- Residential Project (Gold Award only) (a purposeful enterprise with people not previously known to the participant)
At St Mark's School students have the opportunity to participate in the Bronze and Silver award with many of our students going onto complete the Gold with the open award in the borough.