The School Chaplain is a key role in the school, central to all aspects of our Catholic life:
- helping the school to develop as a community of faith
- encouraging the children to live out their faith in daily life.
- developing good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- supporting liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- Involving children in fundraising for charities.
- supporting the school in living out its Values and Mission Statement.
The Chapel itself is at the heart of St Mark's Catholic School and is a haven of peace and tranquillity in the midst of a busy community. Pupils and staff are blessed to be able to come and be in the presence of the Blessed Sacrament in the tabernacle.
The Eucharist is the high point of our week and we are grateful to the local priests who visit us to preside over the celebration. Everyone is welcome and the timetable is adjusted on Thursday to enable this. A different group of Students uses their talents each week to prepare and lead the service.
Various liturgies and prayer opportunities are offered depending upon the season of the year, events in the school calendar and the needs of individuals along with the whole community at St Mark's are always under consideration and review.