The School Learning Resources Centre is here to offer a central focus for reading, learning and to provide an atmosphere where pupils can work with confidence.
The Centre aims to provide a wide range of materials for pupils of all abilities and interests - not only for research and homework but also to encourage reading for pleasure and as a hobby.
Each pupil and member of staff is a member of the LRC and will have their fingerprint recorded in order to take books out.
- Pupils may borrow 3 books for a period of two weeks.
- Books may be renewed if not required by another user, but must be produced at the counter. Overdue letters will be sent to Heads of Year.
- Pupils in Years 12 and 13 may borrow up to 6 items each.
Using the LRC
The LRC is open and staffed between the hours of 8.00 a.m. and 5.00 p.m.
- Pupils may use the LRC before and after school.
- Pupils needing to use the LRC independently during lesson times must have a written note of permission in their homework diary and will need to sign-in at the LRC counter.
- Teachers may book in classes to use the LRC in advance by seeing a member of the LRC staff.
- The LRC staff are here to help you find the resources you require. Please ask for help.
Reading Groups and Literacy activities
The LRC has a number of reading groups, including those to judge book awards, such as:
"The Carnegie Medal", a National children's book award, which is shadowed by schools across the country.